La Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), l’ente di ricerca della Provincia autonoma di Trento che opera nel campo scientifico tecnologico e delle scienze umane, è alla ricerca di un ricercatore nel campo dell’intelligenza artificiale e delle sue applicazioni all’IoT e alla cybersecurity.
The FBK Cyber Security Centre (CS) develops digital technology and cyber security to foster collaboration between the various stakeholders through a combination of IT risk management techniques (in order to develop highly innovative security solutions that will mitigate vulnerabilities and reduce the risk of attacks) as well as trust management techniques (to improve the interaction between people and technology). As part of the FBK mission, which aims to achieve results of scientific excellence and to produce an impact on society, the Center’s mission is to make these techniques available to the largest number of organizations, including SMEs, which account for a substantial part of the EU economy but lack cybersecurity expertise. To this end, integrating automated cyber risk assessment support with trust management that will have the ability to produce operational suggestions to assist ICT solutions designers, developers and administrators in their daily activities is critical.
The Security and Trust (S&T) research unit of the Cyber Security research center aims to develop cutting-edge security solutions for identity and access management, risk management, and legal compliance for data protection. The S&T unit has been and is currently being involved in several research and innovation projects with partners from Academy, Public Administration, and Industry.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
FBK is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated researcher in the field of AI and its applications to IoT and Cybersecurity, for the advancement of the AI, Cybersecurity and IoT skills among different stakeholders and target groups. The project is part of the EU Digital Europe Programme (DIGITAL), which aims at building a dynamic educational ecosystem for the training of digital specialists via a joint Master program.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Investigate state-of-the-art and cutting-edge technologies with respect to practical AI applications (e.g., in the field of IoT and Cybersecurity), and their market attractiveness; periodically review available reports and forecasts, as well as emerging relevant scientific topics/trends.
- Support the adoption of the identified technologies and resources in a consortium of EU universities.
The candidate will work for one year in Fondazione Bruno Kessler (with the possibility to extend the collaboration for all the duration of the EU project – 4 years), in collaboration with other researchers of the CyberSecurity Center, the OpenIoT Unit (part of the Digital Industry Center) and the Data Science for Health Unit (part of the Digital Health & Wellbeing Center).
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Know-how on Artificial Intelligence, IoT and Cybersecurity;
- Basic experience in teaching and developing laboratories and hands-on activities for courses and more general events;
- Team working attitude.
Furthermore, the following elements will be positively evaluated:
- Good communication and relational skills;
- knowledge of the Spanish language;
- self-motivation and ability to complete tasks systematically;
- organization skills;
- goal orientation and flexibility.
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Gross annual salary: about € 34.500
Working hours: full time (38 hours per week)
Start date: January 2023
Duration: 1 year
Workplace: Povo – Trento
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities and for research in accommodation, social security (SANIFONDS), family-work balance, free training courses, support on bank account opening, discount on public transport, sport, language course fees, counseling and psychological support service. More info at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Candidates must submit their application trough the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs. Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (pdf format):
- Detailed CV written in English, including a list of scientific publications;
- Motivation letter written in English;
- Email address contact for two referees.
Application deadline: 29th November 2022
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com
Per ulteriori informazioni e per la candidatura visita il seguente link