Il Dipartimento della Marina degli Stati Uniti ricerca un Information Technology (IT) Specialist per il programma Fleet and Family Readiness per la sede di Sigonella, Sicilia.
This position is assigned to Fleet and Family Readiness program; Commander, Navy Region Europe, Africa, Central (CNREURAFCENT) at Naval Air Station, Sigonella, Italy. The incumbent works closely with the Navy Computer Telecommunications Station (NCTS) & Information System Department (N6) to procure, implement, integrate, operate, maintain, and support all Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Information Technology to include, Point of Sale, Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) & “legacy” networks.
- Receives, responds to, resolves, and documents help desk calls.
- Isolates problems between hardware, system software, application, peripherals, and network devices.
- Coordinates with departmental program managers to resolve program specific issues.
- Serves as a monitor and/or operations trouble-shooter.
- Monitors Retail/Resale computer equipment and provides remedial support in troubleshooting and correcting error conditions and system inefficiencies.
- Recovers data in the event of a hardware or software failure.
- Ensures the customer receives a full explanation of the problem and resolution, and provides training and/or guidance to prevent reoccurrence.
- Completes the process by documenting actions in the department help desk database or standard operating procedures.
POLICY AND PLANNING
- Performs hardware and software installs, upgrades and patches.
- Works closely with vendors, program managers, NCTS & N-6 personnel, and users to resolve issues and ensure successful project implementations.
- Travels to different duty sites from the normal duty location to perform hardware and/or software installations and/or upgrades, assess project status and provide IT support when needed.
- Acts as a site point of contact (POC) for implementation of new IT based projects, when required.
- Modifies system components as necessary to comply with revised policies and procedures as well as approved user recommendations.
- Designs audit routines to test and validate data integrity.
- Maintains a physical inventory of all hardware and software; assists in IT systems life cycle management.
- Ensures all appropriate forms and documentation are on file.
- Monitors maintenance contracts for renewal and submits Purchase Request for support as required.
- Obtains approval from all required sources.
- Documents and analyzes currently deployed NAF information systems to fully capture scale, capability and risk, using industry standards and models, Department of Navy (DON), Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) and other Cyber Security policies and practices.
- Serves as a primary or backup systems administrator/technician for all computer and telecommunication systems (such as Micros, Payroll systems, Food Trak Inventory Control System, Qubica, RecTrac, CYMS, and SAP.
- Performs account management, system monitoring, data backup, and software/hardware maintenance as necessary.
- Performs routine assessments, maintains proficiency in all MWR computer systems.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Incumbents must satisfactorily complete all background checks, including a fingerprint check, a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- You will be required to sign the Statement of Understanding for Overseas Employment acknowledging receipt and understanding of the statement of living and working conditions for this location.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skill in applying customer support principles, wireless and wired network concepts, database principles, IT security theory, troubleshooting and data analysis methods, and communication methods and techniques sufficient to receive, respond to, and resolve help desk calls.
- Knowledge of computers, computer peripherals and industry best practices, security principles and network equipment, operating systems and environments required to perform a wide range of duties as a primary or backup system administrator.
- Knowledge of and experience in utilizing internal and external problem resolution documentation and resource database.
- Skill in accurately documenting all actions taken in standard operating procedures and/or the help database.
- Skill in providing guidance and training to customers and other technical representatives.
- Knowledge of IT systems life cycle management concepts sufficient to maintain up to date, interoperable hardware and software inventories.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying systems administration methods and procedures, performance monitoring methods, IT security principles, and analytical reasoning sufficient to schedule, monitor, and verify the integrity of system backups, restore files as needed, correct security vulnerabilities, install server upgrades, and monitor server performance.
- Knowledge of a wide range of specialized software applications and programs deployed in support of MWR in order to support and maintain these applications. Software titles include, but are not limited to: RecTrac, GolfTrac, CYMS, Qubica, Micros, SAP, Citrix, Kronos, Manage Engine.
- Ability to use and repair a variety of computer hardware and peripherals including desktop, laptop and server class devices, Enterprise Class networking hardware, Enterprise Class, Wireless Access Point (WAP) infrastructure and Enterprise Class network security devices.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot Windows (desktop and server) & Apple Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of concepts related to full inventory and analysis of IT systems and assets.
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, including experience in writing technical procedures and instructions in English.
- Must have, or be able to obtain within 6 months, basic certification for Information Assurance as required by Department of Defense (DoD Directive 8570.01m). Must maintain certification for duration of assignment to the position.
If qualifying based on education, a transcript MUST be uploaded at time of application for consideration.
Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Note: When submitting transcripts for an Associate’s degree or higher, proof of high school diploma or equivalent is not required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name, the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type awarded/conferred date, and the field of study (major).
Note: The NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) between Italy and the United States prohibits the hiring of any person who holds Italian citizenship and is considered a Dual National by the Italian Government into any U.S. position. Those U.S. citizens who are considered “ordinarily resident” in Italy are also ineligible for employment by U.S. commands and activities in Italy. Contractors and their family members are also ineligible as they do not have civilian component status.
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Date di apertura e chiusura
Dal 18/01/2023 al 01/02/2023
1 posto vacante nella seguente sede:
Sigonella Sicilia, Italia
Per maggiori informazioni si prega di visitare il seguente link