#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking a motivated reverse engineer with excellent technical skills to research mobile threats. Our Technical Analysis Cell (TAC) is at the forefront of CrowdStrike’s battles with state-sponsored adversaries and criminal actors. We combine world-class intelligence analysis with deep-dive reverse engineering and malicious code analysis, building and using cutting-edge automation systems to deliver actionable indicators and operational insights.
This highly technical position serves an important role in conducting analysis, increasing our coverage of the global threat landscape, developing finished intelligence products, and contributing to the continuous tracking of criminal and state-sponsored adversary groups. The primary focus is the analysis of mobile threats and their investigation as part of our adversary tracking efforts in close collaboration with other subject matter experts on the Intelligence team.
We are ideally looking for a mobile malware specialist to help expand our coverage of the mobile threat landscape. That said, we are also open to applications by talented malware analysts without significant knowledge in the mobile field who are willing to rapidly expand their skills to meet the following requirements:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Discover, analyze and track advanced cyber campaigns that exploit security issues in mobile platforms or leverage mobile malware.
- Understand the inner functioning of malicious mobile tools through reverse engineering and document findings.
- Develop tools to assist with the automation of mobile malware analysis tasks by extending static and dynamic analysis frameworks.
- Contribute to active mitigation efforts with technical expertise.
- Develop host-based and network-based signatures suited for large-scale hunting, detection, and prevention of identified mobile threats.
- Produce high-quality threat intelligence reporting for all levels of readership, including actionable mitigation and detection guidance.
- Collaborate across teams to inform various functions within CrowdStrike Intelligence and beyond about activity of interest, to coordinate adversary and campaign tracking, and to provide support to teams developing mobile threat mitigation strategies and products.
- Conduct briefings as needed for a variety of levels of customers as requested (via either phone, video conference, webcast, in-person briefing, or industry conference).
- Profound knowledge of reverse engineering tools (disassemblers, decompilers, debuggers)
- Good overview of techniques used in mobile malware families.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Ability to analyze raw network data and to develop custom protocol decoders.
- Ability to express technical and non-technical concepts in written products.
- Familiarity with at least one mobile operating system.
- At least two years of experience in static and dynamic malicious code analysis.
- A background in intelligence analysis is a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Remote, with occasional travel.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com, for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Ithaca – NY, New Jersey City – NJ, and Colorado, the salary range is $65,000 – $105,000 per year + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.