World Food Programme Company Location Rome Area, Italy
The incumbent will be acting as a specialist in the area of threat and risk assessment. The incumbent might be required to travel to the field.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assist in reviewing security threat and risk situations, compile factual information, to facilitate reporting and decision-making process.
2. Liaise with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate possible risks against staff and other resources.
3. Assist in coordination, preparation and conduct of field missions including tracking of staff, and conduct regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
4. Assist in preparation of security assessment reports after field missions, to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
5. Support compiling routine security reports and manage information related to significant security incidents, to ensure relevant databases are accurately updated at all times.
6. Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS), to support compliance at all times.
7. Assist in the inventory control and maintenance of security equipment, to ensure its appropriate functioning at all times.
8. Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
9. Contribute to the update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for the crisis.
10. Assist in implementation of training plans to address staff development needs.
11. Assist in supervising Guards and provide on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- In cooperation with another specialized functions within HQ Security Branch, prepares draft personal security risk assessment for ED and for other senior officials as required, draft security risk assessment for HQ complex or other specific venues where official events may take place, applying the UN Security Management System (UNSMS) threat and risk policies and guidelines
- Under the guidance of the Senior Security Assistant, liaises with the Security Analysis Unit of the WFP Security Division and with Host Government entities dealing with security threat and risk assessments at the local or national level, as required.
- Assists in drafting announcements/advisories to staff, delegates, visitors and conference participants on developments and events that may have impact on normal business activities, critical incidents and emergencies affecting the WFP HQ.
- Collects security risk information daily (from open sources and other UN security entities) and maintains database of information on security and safety related issues.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education plus certification, preferably obtained by UNSMS, on threat assessment and analysis.
- Fluency (level C) in Italian (non-mother tongue candidates will be tested).
- Fluency (level C) in English (non-mother tongue candidates will be tested).
ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS
- Four or more years of security related experience, in police or paramilitary authorities, other international/UN organizations or an appropriate private security company. One year minimum of experience in threat assessment and/or risk analysis are required.
- Excellent knowledge of standard security requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages; Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook, SharePoint
- High sense of responsibility and alertness; emotional stability.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to work and deal effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Minimum knowledge of administration practices and database management would be an advantage.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
8 July 2019