The Local Technology Product Lead manages the local requirements and product life-cycle associated to the rollout of a group products part of a portfolio/practice (e.g. Home Products, IoT E2E solutions) in a market.
Working as part of the technology product teams in CP&S and VBPS, i as the key interface for the local Product Managers associated with your products/platform/developments.
The portfolio you are looking after for now is Vodafone’s Home and Security within Consumer Products and Services including:
- Gigahub – An initiative to simplify and deliver a superior experience for our home/fix users by delivering a new range of in-house developed CPEs and a home connected application.
- SecureNet – Allowing 21 million Vodafone customers to be confidently connected and keep their families safe from threats while using our mobile and fixed network services.
- SuperWiFi – Improving the WiFi connectivity at home through a distributed extenders setup and optimisation software components.
- Home Devices – Focusing on driving the existing CPE portfolio in close collaboration with our strategic vendors as well as building the relevant applications for customers to manage their fix connectivity.
You will work with your Senior Technology Product Lead, Local Product Manager and other key stakeholders (e.g. vendors, technology teams, etc.) to effectively negotiate, manage and agree local market roadmap, demand/requirements into the delivery teams for these products, influencing the product/platform E2E architecture and strategy, as well as supporting local governance delivering agreed enhancements / changes.
You will be accountable for the requirements (epics, capabilities, features, stories), impact assessments, managing the backlog, delivery and integrations of the products/ platforms in the local markets, interlocking with the relevant teams and governance forums, to ensure that there is technology interlock, budget, resourcing and plans are suitable, and in place to be able to deliver.
This will require you to have a good technology understanding of both the portfolio/practice products as well as a good overview of the technology domains required for the product integration (e.g. NW and IT). Another important aspect of this role is to manage the in-life cycle of the product covering feedback, improvements, local configurations, and continuous product releases.
The Local Technology Product Lead is responsible for the ‘how’, ensuring they support the Local Product Manager (accountable for the ‘what’) to build the product roadmap, advising mandatory technology capabilities, progressing impact assessments and working with the Senior Technology Product Lead to agree on behalf of the practice that the final prioritised roadmap is viable from a technology, cost and delivery perspective.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Translate the local product features and requirements into buildable roadmap and technical specifications, and advising on the mandatory requirements, working with the squad leads and architects
- Manage the local market integration and interface for product developments. Ensure that the technical specifications are built in alignment to local product/technology needs, share and interlock the technology plans
- Interlock overall product costs/budget/demands on the Practice with the local Product manager, Pre-Sales, Finance and through governance. Ensuring continuous focus on cost management as directed by the Local Product Manager
- Progress demands, impact assessments and work with the relevant governance teams to sequence and execute local delivery.
- Undertake in-life local technology management (including service and systems) where it relates to the interlocked product roadmap
- Create & maintains local technical product content, where agreed with the product manager (Service specs, SLAs, training)
- Influence that strategic product decisions (e.g. new technology/vendor selection) to meet the local product requirements including features, unit costs, service models, CX, SLAs, roadmaps
- Responsible for local compliance of all products & solutions to Cyber & Corporate Security and business resilience policies and standards
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Technical product development, product owner experience, delivery and life cycle/continuous integration experience
- Strong understanding of the products and technology under your responsibility. Including knowledge of local technology domains required for integration (IT/NWs) as well as working knowledge of data, privacy and security by design principles to align to Information Security frameworks
- Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering understanding the needs and impact of technology deliveries
- Brings a balance of customer centricity, business and technology understanding to relate technology solutions to product outcomes
- Resource estimating, costing, sizing, and interlocking local technology demand, and budgets
- Backlog definition (epic, capability, feature, user story), management and prioritisation
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- University degree or equivalent as relevant to the role
- Managing in local market and global environments for at least 5 years
- Experience leading and delivering high performance through teams in Telecoms / Technology industry
- Agile product development experience (e.g. SAFe, Spotify, Scrum) and qualifications preferred
- Foundational technology qualifications for the domain (desirable)
- Experience with Office and Collaboration apps, also product development tools e.g. Jira, Confluence
Key performance indicators
- Aligned budget, product and technology plans between the local market, and group
- Demand into the practice is agreed, sized, costed, technically and delivery viable
- Timely and on-budget delivery of local product roll-out and life-cycle management of the product
- Quality and flow of product features and stories into development
- In-life product KPI performance
- Monitors platform, vendors, service, unit cost KPIs. Manages technology lifecycle.